Monday, November 19, 2012

The Silence of the Lambs


The Silence of the Lambs was playing in the theater in 1991, when I even wasn’t born, but when I saw it this summer, its charm still made me addicted to it, like the people who saw it then. It was adapted from a novel, and the scarcely success of an adapted movie differed The Silence of the Lambs from the other movies.
 It was talking about a policewoman, Clarice Starling, who was offered to investigate a case which a serial killer slaughtered women and peeled their skins off. The case was so complicated that the superior tasked Starling with interviewing Hannibal Lecter, a former psychiatrist and cannibalistic serial killer. Lector agreed to give Starling hints, but the past of her would be the deal.
The movie was fantastic, no matter the videoshooting techniques or the background music. It also led me to think about how many victims there are in the society. The victims include not only women, but also the old living by themselves and kids who can’t afford to go to school.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard about this movie before, but I have never seen it. I thought it was a horror movie which was filled with blood and flesh. I was not very interested in that kind of movies since I saw “Saw”; however the Silence of the Lambs seems to be different from Saw because it gives an insight to think about how we can help the disadvantaged in our society. I will find out the Silence of the Lambs at the library and see it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve seen this movie during my junior high school with my family, and it really left a vivid impression on me. I had always thought that this kind of movie(criminal) was not my thing, but after watching this one, it dawned on me that there are still a lot of danger and risky situations around us, and it reminded me that I should take notice of my safety.

    ReplyDelete