Frequency is a movie released in 2000. When you first listened to its
name, you might think that it must be a totally science fiction like E.T.
However, science fiction part is just a small part of the whole movie. It
actually mentioned a lot about family love and a mystery of a serial killer.
There was an unearthly power which connected two different timing, and
it made John able to talk to his dead father who was alive twenty years ago. John then helped his father escape from the accident, which would
have killed
him. They changed the past in cooperation but the unexpected consequences
happened…
I like this movie very much because the family love in
it really touched my heart and gave a strong desire to hug my family and tell
them how glad I am to be with them all.

I have watched this movie on TV long time ago, but I could barely remember it's plot. What I still remember is that this attracted me a lot, the son uses the radio to talk to his dead father is really cool. Love between the son and his dad touched me deeply, and it make me think that how much would you do for your family? and how long you spend your time with them? It's truly a good movie!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a sci-fi indeed. Due to the Chinese name “black hole”, it occurs to me that actors and actresses may be in a shuttle traveling around the space. However, according to your introduction about the film, it is a time traveling rather than a space traveling.
ReplyDeleteI think I will have the same feeling with you. Describing affections is always my favorite part of a movie. The family part of this film may interests me as usual.
The time and space connection! Wow, it was one of the popular topics in the movie industry. But in your description, this film seemed to have some different point compared with other similar kinds of films. John can talk to his dead father by the unearthly power and that's all. He was not like other films' leading roles that can also get through the time. While most of the films told us that (though it is not realistic) changing the past may bring disaster. It is the disadvantage of having this ability. (Who does not want to change the past if they have this kind of ability?)
ReplyDelete(By the way, I regretted that missing your earlier post of "The Message". That is one of my favorite movies!)