Monday, December 24, 2012

The Help


    Today, the one I am going to introduce was named The Help. It is totally different from the ones I’ve introduced. No one was murdered, no one killed others with knife. There’s only the discrimination toward the black people which certainly killed the relation between human beings. The film is about a young white woman, Skeeter, and her relationship with two black maids. Skeeter is a journalist who decides to write a book from the point of view of the maids (referred to as "the help"). She tries to tell people about the unfair treatment those maids faces and while writing the book, Skeeter herself encounters a lot of hardships, too.  Only with love can she accomplish her dream.
    This story is inspirational, in a really attractive way. The audience will never fall asleep during the movie. People who always love suspense will also enjoy it much. Through this movie, I realized that the love we all have is always the same between all the individuals, and its exchanges help us see the beauty of the lives. 

3 comments:

  1. “The Help” really made a splash when it was released and sparked discussion among us. I was touched not only because of its well-designed plots but also the genuine affection between the maid and the children they take care of( like Skeeter with Constantine or Aibileen with Hilly’s daughter) . Apart from the discrimination toward African-American people, there are still countless inequality exist in the world. This film reminds us of the true friendship, regardless of race or wealth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Carrie
    Every single person who watched this movie enjoys it. I haven’t grabbed the chance to watch this movie yet, but I’m sure I’ll do it on my winter vacation. Though I can’t tell you my reflection, I can introduce you the similar movie I’ve watched.
    It’s called “Mississippi Burning”, which also talks about the conflict on races and the bad situation back people faced in 1960’. Shocked by the hatred that most of the white people had then, I could barely remove my sadness after watching it. Hope you can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I am Sabrina and nice to meet you.
    Although I have not seen the movie you introduced here, I know this is very popular one and the central theme was discrimination toward the black people. The serious issue had been concerned and discussed for a long time. The discrimination shown in the movie was so strong that it even killed the relationship between human beings. Though it seems much better than before, I think this movie is still very educative. I should take the chance to see this great movie!

    ReplyDelete