It started with a clever and pretty girl named Jenny studying in high
school. She loved French music, French artists, all the romantic and elegant
things, but it seemed like that she just lived a boring life filled with
homework, scores and the only goal of entering Oxford. Not until a humorous and
charming man who had similar taste with her and lived a high-classed life
showed up in her life did she experienced how she could truly “live”. Of
course, Jenny fall in love with the man and then faced the difficulty of going
to the college or getting married.
If the destiny of a girl is to get married and be a housewife in the
end, why should we study so hard? If the reason of being educated is to get a good
job which can help us earning a lot of money, should we stay at school since we
find the other ways to get a lot of money but not by studying hard? These all
are the questions I thought about after I saw the movie, and my answer is that the
reason of being educated is to rich ourselves in our minds. Only the things we
got in our mind are totally ours and nobody is able to take it off.

I haven’t seen this movie, but I can see that you get many reflections from this movie. About the two questions you asked, I think that it is important for one to figure out what his/her goal is. It is easy and simple to follow in others’ footsteps and do what most people did. However, here comes a problem, “Will we be happy by obeying these rules and meet others’ expectations?” Just as what the girl in the movie start to doubt her life-live truly. I think that once we have a goal, we may know what we are doing and why we are doing it.
ReplyDeleteBeing attracted by your post, I just watched the movie on Funshion. The leading role, Jenny, changed her thought toward life several after knowing David. She was once a conservative student, and then she queried the purpose of entering Oxford. In addition, she even gave up studying! It may sounds ridiculous among we students in NCCU; meanwhile, it gives us a broad range to think about.
ReplyDeleteI have read certain articles on your blog after knowing that your posts are about movies, too. Although each of movie you introduced really attracted me, it was the first time that I watched one. Because the semester is over! Happy winter vacation!